There was a time not long ago when wired equipment was your only solution when designing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of positioning a security camera on a countertop or managing your implements with a smartphone. However, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the development of wireless systems. You now have a range of additional advantages to experience -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and quicker installations. Wireless home security systems in Colorado Springs will safeguard your home while adding convenience to your life.
Things To Think About If You Go Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems need a dependable connection to the internet to function properly. If you have access to fast internet and a quality wireless router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless installation.
If you have concerns about power or internet outages, search for systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to keep you connected to your monitoring team without interruption.
If you live in a more rural area without reliable cellular or internet access, a wired system will probably be better. Or It may also make more sense from a monetary perspective to go a wired installation if you move into a residence that already has wiring installed.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Colorado Springs will boost your family’s protection, which is the primary objective to start with. However, if you welcome the chance of using the most current tech, review the following advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to all the devices in your residence from your lighting to your surveillance cameras right from the palm of your hand utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to see camera footage, turn on your connected lights, and even arm your system on the rare chance you didn’t remember to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency takes place, you can have updates dispatched right to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, damage to drywall, and time-consuming installs. One of the best aspects of wireless gadgets is that you are able to place them virtually anywhere and with little time or effort. If you want to add on at a later time with the latest equipment, incorporating elements into your network is not complicated.
- Interactions between components: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices possible with fast, two-way communications. You can set your system to perform a function in specified situations to enhance your security and dissuade break-ins. For example, if your outside camera detects unusual disturbances along your home’s perimeter, it is able to signal your inside lighting to engage.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Colorado Springs
Even though wireless home security systems in Colorado Springs have shown to be reliable, it’s understandable if you have a few reservations about installing one. The following are a few of the most frequent concerns:
- Battery-powered wireless elements may fail when the battery dies. Although this could happen, your smart components will notify you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors generally need to be positioned within a set distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your adaptability.
- Comparable to all types of internet-connected networks, the risk of being hacked exists. But you are able to take action to greatly reduce the risk by using hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and choosing a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only install security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Specialists
Have you decided to reap the benefits of the latest in Colorado Springs wireless home security? Contact us at (719) 270-0648 to consult with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the perfect package for your home.