What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Colorado Springs
You realize you have to safeguard your home. After all, it offers shelter for your family and is where you have all of your valuables. But what kind of home defense is right for you? Whether or not to get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief decisions you must make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Colorado Springs and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a third-party monitoring service that is set to act at any moment. When a window sensor activates or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring specialists get an instant notification. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and send the appropriate emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with professional support. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, which means that if your system is tripped, you have to take action to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Colorado Springs
Here’s a quick overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup at the ready is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without your phone, your property and those inside will still be safeguarded.
- Speedier response: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll reply more quickly to emergencies than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security might entitle you to a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Superior components and smooth integration: When you receive hardware, installation, and monitoring from a reputable home security specialist, you will gain access to a fully connected system with components that may be better than what you will find yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Many people would prefer to have the job completed by qualified experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Required to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This will be agreeable for many as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Colorado Springs
Here’s a brief overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Install on your own: Some may deem this to be a pro as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an added expense. Others might want to go with a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You are able to integrate components whenever you want - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you could find assembling into a cohesive system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your alarms. If a disaster takes place, it’s up to you to get help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’re away from your phone and don’t see a security alert? This scenario will generate added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your total attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you want a helping hand during an install, you may have to employ a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Colorado Springs
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Colorado Springs from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the ideal choice for you. Dial (719) 270-0648 today to speak with our security experts.