How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Colorado Springs
Home security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a display that tells criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras are armed with a number of features all tailor-made to enable comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these additions enable you to get the most from security cameras in Colorado Springs.
How To Set Up Your Colorado Springs Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is installing them in the right places around your living space. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear sightline of your patio, driveway, and backyard, shed, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. Then get a view of your front porch through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places inside your home that aren’t quite as important to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your family needs to be a major concern before placing a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component location is only the foundation for getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Colorado Springs. The features listed below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic notifications on your mobile device the instant strange activity is detected. You can also set cameras to start capturing footage when movements are detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your video surveillance to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to chat with guests through the unit. With your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120° angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your video surveillance are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the freedom to secure single areas within your home.. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Colorado Springs is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system rises from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (719) 270-0648 or submit the form below to start building your home security and camera system today.