How Does Geofencing In Colorado Springs Enhance A Home Security System?
Modern residential security options are becoming more capable every year. Even so, you may still fail to perform easy security chores like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks again? When you implement geofencing in Colorado Springs, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Colorado Springs For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you are able to customize within your cell phone app. This modern home security option then uses your phone to deduce when you go beyond the border and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements take advantage of to interact with each other. This innovative approach assists your home security by putting all devices onto the same network. You can institute a virtual “fence” around your property and program what actions you want to take place if you cross the boundary.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your property, you can program your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Below are a handful of the devices you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics including speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your property’s security system in Colorado Springs. When accessing the mobile app, you are able to reap the benefits of automation. Just tap a button, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart devices to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to dim to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components activate when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan when a smoke detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your surveillance system detects unusual motion around your property.
● Set a scene: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in concert with each other. Make your lights switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and temperature settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Colorado Springs
Whether you desire extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (719) 270-0648 or send in the form below to start designing your perfect security system.