Beneficial Tips For Integrating Home Security Lighting In Colorado Springs
Deterrence is a critical facet of your home’s defense, and one of the best ways to keep prowlers away from your entry points is through the use of lights. A nicely illuminated exterior not only looks terrific, it’s also less likely to be trespassed. If you would like to enhance your property’s defense, check out these valuable suggestions for home security lighting in Colorado Springs. We have a few ideas for outdoor and indoor illumination that can benefit your family.
Add Security And Appeal With Landscape Lighting
The proper landscape lighting and strategically placed video cameras will go a long way in keeping prowlers away from your residence. Implement these Colorado Springs exterior lighting recommendations.
- Light up your entry points: Doors at the front and back of your house continue to be the most common spots for break-ins. Make sure those access points are covered but don’t forget your garage. While bright motion-sensing floodlights are a popular installation in this area, it’s not the only option. As an alternative to blinding your neighbors every time wildlife scurries past, you can use less intrusive lights that remain on all night. Sure, bright, motion-detecting floodlights may ward off prowlers, but having a well-placed light that stays on has a greater likelihood of keeping them away from your property altogether.
- Integrate multi-purpose task lights: Those lovely lights beside your stone walkway do more than guide you during the night. They also let you see certain spots of your property you might otherwise not be able to from indoors.
- Add beauty and protection with accents: Not just for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are an effective way to illuminate spots that may be used as hideouts. You can put accents in flower beds outside first-story windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or beside shrubbery and trees. These options produce a dazzling effect while elevating your protection.
- Brighten the outer border: A layered approach to lighting should also include the borders of your yard. Shining light your gates, fencing, and outer edges of your property will go a long way to discourage burglars.
How To Enhance Safety With Interior Lighting in Colorado Springs
Home security lighting in Colorado Springs incorporates more than merely outside illumination. Your inside lights play a role in enhancing safety too. Smart bulbs that incorporate into your home’s defense are beneficial for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling: Put your lights on a schedule and give the impression people are inside. This is an effective deterrent and a sensible strategy whenever you’re gone.
- Access from any location: If you leave on a vacation but don’t remember to put lights on a schedule, you can still turn them on through your convenient smartphone app.
- Connecting to other security devices: If the motion detector on your outdoor camera goes off, you might have your inside foyer light automatically turn on. This functionality is another way to deter trespassers.
Deter Intruders Even More With A Home Defense Package In Colorado Springs From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Fortify your strategically illuminated property with the finest in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our fully equipped home security systems in Colorado Springs permit you to control and automate all types of smart devices, including lighting. Contact (719) 270-0648 today to customize a package for your property.