If you’re like a lot of residents, you need your house to be secure at all times. but, will a home security system work in Colorado Springs?
The quick answer: affirmative. But you have to choose the best components and services to benefit the most from home security. Not only can the sensors and alarms give excellent peace-of-mind, the state-of-the-art components offer a level of efficiency and control you may not have thought about previously. By getting home automation, security cameras, and easy-to-use tools through a phone app, you will make your life [[easier|simpler] and safer while also saving money on energy expenditures.
Let's pause a minute to see why a home security system is a great idea for your property.
Indispensable Home Security Features
In order to make sure your Colorado Springs home security system works to its potential, you have to get these essential security features:
- Door and window sensors: You may find this unusual, but many thieves enter your house by the front door. The other two most common entry points are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these practices, entryway sensors are considered the bedrock of your home security. When the alarm is live and your door or window sensors are tripped, the loud, high-decibel alarm siren will go off and your round-the-clock monitoring experts will be notified.
- Touchscreen central hub: Gone are the confusing code pads, as modern touch screens now manage your system. These screens can also direct your smart home components, cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- phone app: The best home security allow you manage every part of your security system through a smartphone app. Now if a sensor or alarm senses something unusual, you will receive an instant text to your smartphone. Also, disarm and arm your motion alarms remotely, program smart locks, lower the thermostat and more.
- Home security yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t automation in a yard sign or a window decal, these can forewarn a would-be burglar that your home is safeguarded.
Can A Security System Actually Protect Your House In Colorado Springs?
While it could appear like pearl-clutching to install alarms and set-up an app on a smartphone when you already have deadbolts and live in a safe neighborhood, the studies say that home security systems will still protect your property. For example, a study from Rutger University concludes that most thieves will actively stay away from homes with a security system installed. They’ll instead look to target a faster mark that looks unsecure.
That meshes with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized homes do not use a home security. In other words, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than properties that have an alarm system. And while just displaying that your property is protected helps discourage forceful entry, other items -- like smart locks and doorbell cameras -- can also help discourage a burglar.
Of course, modern home security can do much more than buzz an siren. Now you have some other components and services that make a home security safer and energy efficient.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a security system work in Colorado Springs when they don’t use 24-hour monitoring? Relying on a backup plan is always the best ideas and 24-hour monitoring from security professionals can make sure emergency services come quickly after a triggered device.
Monitoring professionals are there to watch your alarms all day long -- whether you are home or not. If you’re don’t hear the siren, your agent will get a hold of you and the authorities after a tripped alarm event. Even when you’re home, you won't have to worry about contacting the authorities and make sure family members and furry companions are safe and accounted for.
Install Similar Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, CO, and Medical
When you install your home security, you can choose to install much more than security alarms. devices like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be integrated into your overall home defense. If an disaster is detected, your components will trigger just like your home security alarms. And when the loud signal goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts are pinged, and a notification will be sent to your smartphone.
There’s also a panic button, which is easily pinned to you or a family member through a neck pendant, wrist band, or clip. If you have a fall risk or a medical problem, they can employ a two-finger button to notify the monitoring team.
Find Security, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
Today’s smart home alarms and cameras bring you a tier of management and accessibility you’ve never got before. They will make your home more efficient and responsive. And when you connect smart devices to your home security, they can also make your property more secure. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lighting to make it feel that your home is occupied when you’re gone.
- Have your inside smart lights illuminate when your outdoor camera senses sudden motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to bolt your doors, turn off your living room lights, and lower the smart thermostat when you leave the house.
- Make custom scenes where you can pre-set your lighting levels, temperature, sensors, and other components with one tap of a button.
- Or just see the status of all your components and manage your alarms and cameras through your phone.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll conserve through home automation, and you’ll realize how much you need a smart security system in Colorado Springs. You can even manage your devices with voice commands when you connect your home security to your Echo or Google Home.
Keep A Watch On Your Property With Wireless Cameras
Signs, decals, and outside lights are great intrusion deterrents, but video surveillance will take your protection to another level. The worst thing an intruder is looking for is to be seen on a security camera as the footage may be used against them in a police investigation. You can pick from indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds round-the-clock.
Do you want to see what’s the noise you heard in the yard? Would you need to say hi to the kids after school? Has a package been delivered yet? All you need is to pull up the live feed from your home security app. You may also get alerts on your phone whenever a guest approaches or they detects abnormal motion. You can then speak with visitors with the two-way talk feature on the app.
How To Get Your Home Security In Colorado Springs?
Are you looking for help to create a security system that works in Colorado Springs? Our ADT experts can help you choose the perfect alarms, automation, and cameras that can be incorporated into one affordable package. Call right now at (719) 270-0648 or fill out the form below.