Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Colorado Springs? As a general rule, you have three primary areas of your property for camera installations: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Even though your provider will be able to suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Front Door
Although you might find it unlikely that a burglar would make an effort to simply stroll through primary entrance, 34% of invasions take place near the front door. You can also count delivery bandits among other risks to think about. A doorbell camera is ideal to tackle these possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are even more beneficial as you can speak with all guests who walk up and press the button. By using your security app, like ADT Control, you may respond to every ring with 2-way talk and live video and look like you’re home. When a visitor begins doing something questionable, you can have your video doorbell capture footage and send it to your cell phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your External Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting assignment. Fortunately, there are some useful tips to make sure your property is defended properly.
- Corners of your Colorado Springs home allow for a large viewing angle, seeing two sections of your yard.
- Just below an overhang or into a piece of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be partly obscured by your home.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing passageway for intruders than you may know!
- Over a back porch or back door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, make sure you cut back any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Most From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your residence in Colorado Springs. That same versatility does mean there are other installation variables to contemplate:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are secure, the sunshine that enters via a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Direct the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Similar to an observation deck, a video camera located in an elevated area will have a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras at the top of bookcases or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t have the chance to defend your property if it’s broken. Install your security cameras in locations where little ones and house pets aren’t able to tamper with them. You could try mounting or other ways to secure them to make sure they don’t fall if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The greatest video camera won’t do much good if there is a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to cloak your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Just call (719) 270-0648 or complete the following form to get started.